I released Bootstrapwp, a powerful base WordPress theme powered by Bootstrap. Bootstrap is a responsive frontend toolkit from Twitter designed to kickstart web development, complete with core HTML, CSS, and JS for grids, type, forms, navigation, and many more components. Now you can use it with WordPress as a solid base to build custom themes quickly and easily.
Latest version release: .7 (01/22/2012)
You can view a demo of the Bootstrapwp theme running on WordPress at: http://rachelbaker.me/bootstrapwp/
View the style guide: http://rachelbaker.me/bootstrapwp/style-guide/
- Download the Bootstrapwp theme, and install to your WordPress site. NOTE: This is meant to be a base theme for WordPress custom theme development.
- Customize and override any of the styles using style.css file. All .css and .js files are loaded in functions.php. Don’t forget to disable any of the .js files you do not need.
Version .7 Change Log
- Updated JS and CSS/LESS files from Twitter Bootstrap 2.0 WIP files (up to date as of January 20, 2012)
- Moved all CSS and JS files to their respective /css and /js folders
- The LESS files still exist in the /lib folder, but the bootstrap.css file is in the /css folder
- Replaced bootstrap-twipsy.js file with NEW bootstrap-tooltip.js file
- Modified enqueue_style order, and added style.css to the function to ensure it would be loaded last.
- Moved all Bootstrap documentation styles to their own docs.css file, and reserved styles.css for WordPress related modifications
- Moved Style Guide to it’s own template file
- Moved Assets folder to root of theme folder with images folder
- Any added custom styles can now be found in style.css file
- Added custom jQuery to footer.php to allow the WordPress custom menus to work with the Bootstrap dropdown styles/js files.
- Removed Custom Walker Class from navigation menu. It is not needed, with jQuery adding the needed class changes instead.
- Added image alignments (.alignleft, .alignright, .aligncenter) styles to styles.css
- Added styles to 404.php template file
- Added styles to search.php template file
- Added search form styles to style.css file
- Added $content_width declaration to functions.php