Hello, my name is Rachel Baker. I live in Chicago, IL with my wife Yesenia and our three pets – Oreo, Moses, and Noah.
- Determining best approach to achieve a project goal.
- Encouraging teamwork and open communication.
- Observing the DRY principle to eliminate waste.
- Writing consistent code by defining, implementing and following coding standards.
- Open to new technologies, and learning how to be better or more efficient.
- Documenting work-flow processes.
- Strong Google-fu.
Several of my coding projects are available for review on Github:
Favorite Frameworks/Content Management Systems: WordPress, Ruby on Rails, Sinatra, ExpressionEngine, Laravel.
I am an active member of the WordPress community. Some of my contributions include:
- BootstrapWP the most popular and full-featured port of the Bootstrap framework into a WordPress theme.
- Released a few plugins in the WordPress Plugin Repository.
- Helping out in the WordPress Support Forums.
- Speaking at several WordCamp Conferences.
- Helping out with the Chicago Northside WordPress Meetup Group.
- Attending the invitation-only WordPress Community Summit.